The right tamping is part of the making of a good coffe.
Here are few steps to follow :
1. Make sure the ground coffee is the right dose and well levelled with index finger, groove is very visible.
2. Place the tamper on the top and find the perfect horizontal (tamper) and vertical position (hand & arm).
3. Push gently the tamper down.
4. Release the pressure and do a twist with your tamper clockwise once or twice.
5. Tamp with attitude (without any twist).
6. Remove the ground coffee spills from the surface of the portafilter before you insert.