- First of all, rum is the star of that cocktail category: whether it is white, dark, spiced, light or strong, it is the essential ingredient of a Tiki. It matches marvelously with fruity flavours, especially exotic fruits. Feeling creative? You can even mix different rums together!
- To give a tart flavour, fresh citrus juices are very welcome: lemon, lime, orange, kumquat, combawa … They bring freshness and lightness your cocktails.
- Fruit juices balance the rum strength and add body to your drink. The best choice? Exotic fruits: pineapple, passion fruit, orange, mango, guava, coconut. 40 ml to 80 ml of juice, depending how strong you like your Tiki.
- For more originality and ultimate taste, add 15 to 20 ml of your favourite MONIN syrup or fruit cocktail and smoothie mix: fruity and spicy flavours make your cocktail unique. Don’t forget MONIN Falernum syrup, the ultimate ingredient for your Tiki cocktail!
- Last but not least, choose a beautiful Tiki glass representing a Polynesian divinity or pour your cocktail in a coconut or in a hollowed out pineapple! Don’t forget to add to your drink a fancy garnish made of exotic fruits, fresh herbs and spices.
Extra tip: aromatic bitters are a good way to bring complexity and depth to the drink with just a few dashes.